Last Modified: September 20, 2017
As a global community, we are deeply committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for conversation and collaboration. Transparency is engrained in our community culture, and we strive to ensure every member feels comfortable sharing his or her innermost feelings without fear of harm or judgment.
First thing’s first…
What’s required upon your acceptance into the community:
- Completely fill out your profile. No one is allowed to hide behind anonymity. You are part of a community where you’ll be accepted for who you are.
- Display name should be your real First & Last Name
- Upload a profile picture of yourself – This is super important. Developing authentic connections with others FIRST begins with self-acceptance.
Here’s how to edit your settings
- Display Name/Profile Picture: Click on your name in the bottom left corner > My settings > Profile — Upload your profile picture and change display name to First + Last Name
- Notifications: Click on your name in the bottom left corner > My settings > Notifications — You can mute notifications from certain forums
Completing your profile is MANDATORY prior to engaging in any community forums. Failure to adhere to this policy may result in an email from email@example.com + temporary deactivation.
Be Nice. This a safe space to be yourself. Understand and accept where people are in life. Be civil towards those who may disagree with your point of view.
Be Honest. Truth and transparency are two sides of the same coin. Be honest with yourself and with others.
Be Ethical. As adults, we understand what’s acceptable and unacceptable behavior. If you lack a moral compass, then perhaps this isn’t the community for you.
Open Forums/Private Teams
Our open forums are a general collaborative space to converse around a particular topic or interest. Members are granted access to every forum in our community. Our community currently has 2 open forums:
- The Living Room: Here’s where the entire community congregates. All members are automatically and permanently joined to this special room. Kick off your shoes and relax!
- Introductions: Tell us who you are! This is your opportunity to share about yourself and why you joined the community. Meet others who share your interests.
- The Suggestion Box: Have suggestions on how we can improve? Share them here. We’re always looking to add new forums and groups around the interests of our community members.
New Open Forums. To keep our community organized, all new open forums are to be created by the i am a brand® community administrator only. If you wish to suggest a new open forum, please place your request as a “Post” in the suggestion box. If your post receives at least 20 member upvotes, a new open forum will be created under your requested interest. Otherwise, consider forming a private team.
- There is a 7-day probationary period for new open forums. If the new open forum does not generate enough member engagement, the forum will be removed from the community.
Accepting payment of any kind to grant others access to the i am a brand® community is strictly prohibited. Violators will be permanently banished from the community.
What We DO NOT tolerate
Spamming. Spamming includes link-bombing open forums/private teams, and flooding people’s DMs with your self-promotional rubbish. We don’t tolerate deceptive tagging or any other abusive means to generate traffic to your website or affiliate products.
Hostility. We encourage intelligent discourse and you are allowed to disagree with any thought or opinion in a civil manner, but we have an absolutely ZERO-tolerance for harassment, bullying, and threats. If we receive proof of this happening, you’re immediately excommunicated from the family. Here’s what falls within the grounds of hostility:
- Name calling
- Revealing personal information about others without their explicit permission
Soliciting. Don’t be a jerk. We have a ZERO tolerance policy for solicitors. The Global Networking Center is the ONLY place you are allowed to promote your business, events, etc. – but spamming your information is NOT tolerated.
Expletives within the open forums. Watch your mouth.
Discrimination. You may NOT discriminate against anyone in the i am a brand® community based on gender, age, race, sex, religion, or sexuality.
If you feel someone is in violation of the community guidelines, email all proof and documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the member’s username and Full Name. We value your privacy and your report will be kept confidential.
As a community member, you will retain confidential information and not divulge sensitive information to anyone outside of our community. You will also not use sensitive information (including login credentials) for any unauthorized purposes. Violation of confidentiality could result in termination of membership or legal action.
The Honor System
Being part of this community affords you certain privileges, access to exclusive opportunities, and other free resources. We operate on the honor system, which means if you are caught stealing or sharing our intellectual property (i.e. training materials, etc.) with individuals who were not granted access by allowing the person entry to your account, it is grounds for termination of your membership without refund.
We take our community seriously and investigate all claims. If you are reported of being in violation of the community guidelines by any member, you will be notified of your offense and any penalties via email@example.com. Upon review of infractions, if you are found guilty, you will be immediately penalized. You have 72 hours to refute any claims and penalties.
Violation of community rules can result in suspension or excommunication from the online community without refund. Opportunity for re-entry will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you think your message might be offensive prior to posting, chances are it is. Use proper discretion.
In addition, if it is determined by The i am a brand® Community Admin or Jamilah Corbitt that you are in breach of any community guidelines, your membership will be terminated with immediate effect without refund.
Please adhere to these guidelines and honor them in the spirit in which they are intended. They will continue to evolve along with the i am a brand® community. We will do our best to enforce them consistently and fairly, and ultimately we’ll try to do what we think is best in each situation, at our own discretion.
All sales are final. You may terminate your membership at any time for whatever reason, but we do not offer refunds. Cancellation is with immediate effect, and we will deactivate you from our system. If your membership is terminated for any reason (whether by us or you), you are subject to pay full-price for re-entry.