Last Modified: June 27, 2016
As a global community, we are deeply committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for conversation and collaboration. Transparency is engrained in our community culture, and we strive to ensure every member feels comfortable sharing his or her innermost feelings without fear of harm or judgment.
First thing’s first…
What’s required upon your acceptance into the community:
- Completely fill out your profile. No one is allowed to hide behind anonymity. You are part of a community where you’ll be accepted for who you are.
- Display name should be your real First & Last Name
- Upload a profile picture of yourself – This is super important. Developing authentic connections with others FIRST begins with self-acceptance.
Here’s how to edit your settings
- Display Name/Profile Picture: Click on your name in the bottom left corner > My settings > Profile — Upload your profile picture and change display name to First + Last Name
- Notifications: Click on your name in the bottom left corner > My settings > Notifications — You can mute notifications from certain forums
Completing your profile is MANDATORY prior to engaging in any community forums. Failure to adhere to this policy may result in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org + temporary deactivation.
Be Nice. This a safe space to be yourself. Understand and accept where people are in life. Be civil towards those who may disagree with your point of view.
Be Honest. Truth and transparency are two sides of the same coin. Be honest with yourself and with others.
Be Ethical. As adults, we understand what’s acceptable and unacceptable behavior. If you lack a moral compass, then perhaps this isn’t the community for you.
Open Forums/Private Teams
Our open forums are a general collaborative space to converse around a particular topic or interest. Members are granted access to every forum in our community. Our community currently has 8 open forums:
- The Living Room: Here’s where the entire community congregates. All members are automatically and permanently joined to this special room. Kick off your shoes and relax!
- Business Community: Where business professionals and entrepreneurs mastermind and exchange information.
- Education Community: Where educators, students, educational professionals, and education entrepreneurs converse about topics and issues surrounding education.
- Global Networking Center: Connect and collaborate with others from around the world. List your business, product, service, or upcoming event. Find others who are aligned with your vision.
- Livestreamers Roundtable: Dedicated to everything livestream related. Here’s where livestreamers connect and collaborate with other livestreamers.
- Personal Development: Life is a continuous journey of self-development. This is a safe space to share your lessons and struggles.
- The Suggestion Box: Have suggestions on how we can improve? Share them here. We’re always looking to add new forums and groups around the interests of our community members.
- The Artisans Lounge: A safe haven for creatives to converse, mastermind, and share their work.
New Open Forums. To keep our community organized, all new open forums are to be created by the i am a brand® community administrator only. If you wish to suggest a new open forum, please place your request as a “Post” in the suggestion box. If your post receives at least 20 member upvotes, a new open forum will be created under your requested interest. Otherwise, consider forming a private team.
- There is a 7-day probationary period for new open forums. If the new open forum does not generate enough member engagement, the forum will be removed from the community.
Private Teams. We encourage our members to form private teams to mastermind and collaborate around specific interests or hobbies. However, do not add people to your private team without their permission. Each individual has the right to leave a private team at any time. If a member leaves your team – whether by accident or choice – do not re-add the member without written permission from the member.
Accepting payment of any kind to grant others access to the i am a brand® community or your private team is strictly prohibited. Violators will be permanently banished from the community.
What We DO NOT tolerate
Spamming. Spamming includes link-bombing open forums/private teams, and flooding people’s DMs with your self-promotional rubbish. We don’t tolerate deceptive tagging or any other abusive means to generate traffic to your website or affiliate products.
Hostility. We encourage intelligent discourse and you are allowed to disagree with any thought or opinion in a civil manner, but we have an absolutely ZERO-tolerance for harassment, bullying, and threats. If we receive proof of this happening, you’re immediately excommunicated from the family. Here’s what falls within the grounds of hostility:
- Name calling
- Revealing personal information about others without their explicit permission
Soliciting. Don’t be a jerk. We have a ZERO tolerance policy for solicitors. The Global Networking Center is the ONLY place you are allowed to promote your business, events, etc. – but spamming your information is NOT tolerated.
Expletives within the open forums. Watch your mouth.
Discrimination. You may NOT discriminate against anyone in the i am a brand® community based on gender, age, race, sex, religion, or sexuality.
If you feel someone is in violation of the community guidelines, email all proof and documentation to email@example.com with the member’s username and Full Name. We value your privacy and your report will be kept confidential.
As a community member, you will retain confidential information and not divulge sensitive information to anyone outside of our community. You will also not use sensitive information (including login credentials) for any unauthorized purposes. Violation of confidentiality could result in legal action.
We take our community seriously and investigate all claims. If you are reported of being in violation of the community guidelines, you will be notified of your offense and any penalties via firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon review of infractions, if you are found guilty, you will be immediately penalized. You have 72 hours to refute any claims and penalties.
Violation of community rules can result in suspension or excommunication from the online community without refund. Opportunity for re-entry will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you think your message might be offensive prior to posting, chances are it is. Use proper discretion.
Please adhere to these guidelines and honor them in the spirit in which they are intended. They will continue to evolve along with the i am a brand® community. We will do our best to enforce them consistently and fairly, and ultimately we’ll try to do what we think is best in each situation, at our own discretion.